Assistance Plus offers training for our employees. These courses assist students in becoming skillful in helping clients achieve their goals and remain active in their homes and communities. Students are taught various skills to encourage independence, assist with activities of daily living, and promote attitudes and behaviors that enhance independence.
Our instructors work to assist students in providing information and resources that enhance their ability to provide quality services to clients. All behavioral health staff receive training in CPR/First Aid as well as MANDT,(a crisis intervention training.) Beyond these trainings, each department offers its employees the opportunity to attain state required certifications that are specific to each position.
Trainings currently offered:
- AHA CPR/First Aid Two (2) year re-certification
- CRMA (certified residential medication aid); annual re certification
- MANDT (crisis intervention); annual re-certification
- MHRT-1 (Mental Health Support Specialist) certification program
- PSS (Personal Support Specialist) certification program
- PSS (CNA to PSS test out) receives PSS certification after successful completion of test out.
- DSP (Direct Support Professional) certification program