Wrap Around Fund
Assistance Plus is contracted with the Department of Health and Human Services to provide emergency WRAP Around funds to consumers who are currently receiving or who are eligible to receive Section 17 Mainecare services. Applicants can only receive WRAP funding once per annual fiscal year.
If a consumer is eligible for or receiving one of the below mentioned Section 17 services, they can submit a WRAP Around application in order to receive emergent financial assistance.
WRAP funding can provide emergency assistance one time per fiscal year for the following categories:
- Security deposits
- Rental assistance
- Temporary housing
- Electrical bills
- Emergency fuel
- Vision/eye care
- Oral/dental care
- Age 18 or emancipated
- Section 17 eligibility confirmed
- Documentation of a qualifying mental health diagnosis that is under one year old and is considered eligible under the most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
- A clinical letter attesting to the need for case management due to the following at risk criteria:
- Psychiatric hospitalization
- Criminal justice involvement
- Residential mental healthcare placement
We provide WRAP around emergency funding for Kennebec, Somerset, Oxford, Franklin, and Androscoggin Counties.
Completed applications are reviewed weekly by a committee and approval/denial notices are mailed out to each applicant after a decision is made. At this time, Assistance Plus administers funding for Kennebec, Somerset, Androscoggin, Franklin, and Oxford counties. If you have additional questions regarding the WRAP Around program, please call Assistance Plus and ask to speak to the WRAP Around administrative assistant.
PLEASE NOTE: Form will need to be fully downloaded and save in order to fill out on computer.