Community Integration (CIW)
- Advocates for clients’ needs with service providers and other organizations
- Develops an individualized service plan with clients and guardians when applicable
- Monitors the effectiveness of services, natural supports, and resources
- Promotes independence in order to maintain the least restrictive environment for adults to be active members of their communities
- Identifies and offers referrals and resources to target any needs that the client and/or guardian may have
- Builds relationships and forms partnerships to enhance care
- Supports clients with obtaining MaineCare when needed
- Support and assistance navigating complex systems such as Social Security benefits, housing resources/applications, HEAP, and WRAP applications.
- Coordinates transportation to medical/behavioral health appointments
All CIWs are Mental Health Rehabilitation Technician Certified (MHRT) with a minimum of a provisional license if eligible to get a full MHRT-C within two (2) years of hire. In addition to these trainings, case managers are provided with quality clinical supervision and training opportunities intended to build their knowledge of the latest practices in working with adults who have behavioral health challenges.
- Active MaineCare insurance coverage
- Veterans insurance
- Does not have Full MaineCare (grant funding only)
- Private pay
- Age 18 or emancipated
- Documentation of a qualifying mental health diagnosis that is under one year old and is considered eligible under the most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
- A clinical letter attesting to the need for case management due to the following at risk criteria:
- Psychiatric hospitalization
- Criminal justice involvement
- Residential mental healthcare placement
We provide Adult Case Management services in Kennebec, Somerset, Franklin, Waldo, Oxford, Sagadahoc, Knox and Penobscot Counties.