A Behavioral Health Home (BHH) is a service offered to a person living with a mental illness who many times also has identified chronic medical conditions. The Behavioral Health Home model helps you to live at home and builds on improving health and wellness through strengthening community relationships. Our knowledge and behavioral health expertise partnered with community mental health providers, creates a unified system of care through a whole person approach. We also use technology to help us give you the best care possible.
This service can also help to:
- Improve mental and physical health
- Avoid having to go to the ER or Hospital
- Get the services and supports you need to meet your goals
- Assist with discharge planning from a hospital
- Make referrals and assist with coordination or care
A team approach:
A Behavioral Health Home offers a care manager, clinical team leader, nurse, and a peer support specialist. Our team approach also involves a medical professional and a psychiatrist to better help you to meet your wellness goals. We work closely with your primary care provider to improve your health.
- Active Maine Care
- A qualifying mental health diagnosis (ICD 10)
- One or more chronic condition such as diabetes, obesity, cancer, lung disease, or heart disease.
If you think our Behavioral Health Home sounds like a fit for you, please call 207-453-4708, ext. 453. All referrals are processed and assigned within 3 to 5 days after receiving all necessary paperwork. To make a referral via our website, please go to http://www.assistanceplus.com click on request for services and complete a referral.
We provide BHH services in Franklin, Kennebec, Somerset, Knox, Lincoln, Sagadahoc, Waldo, and Penobscot* Counties