- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18+ years of age
- Speak, read, and write English
- Free of communicable diseases
- State Bureau Investigation’s criminal background check is required by the State-of-Maine in order to protect clients and their families.
- CNA Registry
CRMA Course Description
The course provides the skills, knowledge, and values needed in the health care and human services fields. At the completion of the standardized CRMA course, individuals will be able to:
- Understand the role of the CRMA.
- Understand the regulations which govern the responsibilities of the CRMA
- Discuss the systems of the human body.
- Discuss the basic drug effects on the human body.
- Recognize the physical and emotional changes associated with the aging process.
- Use common medication abbreviations.
- Recognize medication measurements.
- Read and use symbols related to drug therapy.
- Explain medication classifications.
- Use infection control practices.
- Explain the medication administration process.
- Access resources.
- Handle medication emergency situations.
- Take vital signs.
- Transcribe practitioner’s orders.
- Understand common side effects of medications.
- Understand common reactions and interactions of medications.
- Complete a minimum of three medication passes observed by an RN.
The tuition for the CRMA certification course is $250.00, must be paid prior to the start of the training program for all outside students.