Welcome to the Human Resources Department
At Assistance Plus our mission is to support and care for people at all points in life, together we can make a difference. Our dedicated and hardworking employees help us in achieving this mission. Our organization offers competitive wages and benefits. Assistance Plus is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Search all open, career opportunities and fill out the on-line application at your convenience. Please make sure to fill in all fields and remember to hit the submit button for completion.
Part Time Positions
Daily Living Support Specialists
Currently we have multiple openings in the following towns: Swanville, Camden, Rockland, Thomaston, Brunswick, Topsham, Bath, Waterville, Dexter, Lisbon, Lewiston, and Auburn to assist adult with behavioral health diagnoses for in-home and community support. A high school diploma/GED is required for this position. MHRT-1 or MHRT/C credentials are required for this position. If you currently do not have this certification, the Agency will provide the required training for uncertified employees.
If a caring and supportive environment appeals to you, apply today! “These part time positions are a wonderful opportunity for anyone to supplement their income.”
Direct Support Professional
Currently we have openings in the Bangor area. The DSP will provide in-home and community support to adults with cognitive disabilities according to the clients’ individual treatment plan. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED. DSP certification preferred, but will train the appropriate candidate. Employees are required to have a valid Maine driver’s license, reliable transportation and 100K/300K automobile liability insurance as they will commute to their clients’ homes and transport to community activities as needed.
Contract positions currently available in our Children’s Behavioral Health Program for Augusta, Brunswick, Farmington, Lewiston, and Waterville areas and surrounding towns. Must hold full or conditional license as an LCSW, LCPC. Licensed clinicians will develop service plans to meet the specific needs of children with acute behaviors requiring immediate intervention. They are responsible for providing direction and supervision to their BHP staff as directed on the 90 day treatment plans.
Behavioral Health Professionals – Section 28
Current positions are located in South China, Anson, Dexter, Bingham, Jay, New Portland, Waterville, Skowhegan, Wayne, and Augusta to provide in-home and community support to children with cognitive disabilities. A high school diploma or GED is required. Experience desirable; however, the Agency will provide the required BHP training.
Part Time Home Healthcare Registered Nurses
Current positions are located in Kennebec, Lincoln and Androscoggin counties to provide in-home support consisting of many duties to assist our clients to maintain in the comfort of their own home. Some of these duties include but not limited to:
- Cardiac/Respiratory Care
- Care of non-acute post surgical client
- Venipuncture and bloodwork; collaboration for Coumadin management; finger stick INR monitoring
- Diabetic management
- Education; goal setting; universal precautions; safety and fall prevention
- Foley catheter insertion/maintenance
- Foot and nail care
- Intervention for health risk/diagnosis; skincare and wound management
- Medication administration; injections; nutritional care, prescription refill
- Other tasks as ordered by physician
- Skilled nursing assessments
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing and a current and valid Registered Nursing License with the state of Maine.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in home health, or at least one year of professional nursing experience within the past three years.
- Must be able to work independently with self-direction using sound judgement.
- Professional nursing references.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and 100K/300K automobile liability insurance
Personal Support Specialists
Current openings in the areas of Pittsfield, Bingham, Madison, Lewiston, Auburn, Mechanic Falls, Woolwich, Oxford Area, Wiscasset, Bath, Brunswick, Lisbon, Durham, Freeport, Richmond, Damariscotta, Norridgewock, Palmyra, Farmington, Hartland, Wilton, Temple, Chesterville, Jay, Strong, Burnham, Skowhegan, Newport, Augusta, Gardiner, Winthrop, Manchester, Berwick, Saco, Biddeford, Wells, York, Sidney, Oakland, Winslow, Litchfield, Vassalboro, Unity, Freedom, Belfast, Belmont, Waldoboro, Newcastle, Rockland, Searsmont, China, Fairfield, Clinton, Belgrade, Swanville, Stockton Springs, Mount Vernon and Weeks Mills.