Maine Behavioral Health Home is a service offered to individuals with identified chronic conditions. The Behavioral Health Homes build on the existing care coordination and the behavioral health expertise of the community mental health providers; having a unified system of care, the team is able to manage both, the physical and mental health needs of the individual.
Maine Behavioral Health Home offers an individual a care manager, clinical team leader, nurse care manager, and a peer/family support specialist.
This service can also help to:
- Improve Health
- Avoid having to go to the ER or Hospital
- Get the services and supports the consumer needs to manage their mental health and physical health issues
- Help the consumer get services when being discharged from the hospital
- Help with referrals
- Active Maine Care
- Axis 1 and/or Axis 2 Diagnosis and one of the following:
- Frequent ED use
- Chronic Conditions- Diabetes, Obesity, Cancer, COPD, Hypertension, Asthma